02 Apr

We're a couple aged 76 – can we get help to buy a house?

We’re planning to return to the UK from Australia and wonder whether we can get a mortgageQ We are a couple both aged 76 who are currently living in Australia. However, we would like to return to the UK to be with family as we no longer have any relatives in Australia. My husband is English and I am British. Unfortunately we have very limited finances but get an Australian pension with a UK top-up. We would like to buy a new-build house near to where my daughter lives in Sevenoaks in Kent. We have looked into the help-to-buy and home for life schemes and wondered if you think either might help us and whether we would be able to get a mortgage at our age.WL Continue reading…

Related Posts